An important function of the ERC is initiating independent research. Recent and current work includes:
- a longitudinal study of psychosocial development in adolescence with particular regard to participation in Transition Year
- a study on academic resilience.
Previous strands of independent research include:
- a study of differences between schools in terms of intake and outcomes
- a study on the implementation and impact of Project Maths
- a study of summer learning loss.
Also, three of our staff are currently undertaking PhD studies: