The Educational Research Centre (ERC) is seeking applications from hard working candidates for inclusion on a panel of casual staff. The Centre operates from DCU St Patrick’s Campus in Drumcondra and also from its Test Department on Richmond Road Drumcondra. At various times of the year the ERC requires casual staff to help dispatching testing materials to schools. The testing materials relate to either ongoing research projects taking place in the Centre or to the purchase of assessment materials by school (the bulk of which take place in Spring time). The ideal candidate(s) will work well in a fast-paced environment with a team that delivers excellent customer service at all times. All available posts are on a casual basis and depend on project funding and the projects ongoing at any given time.
The current vacancies relate to work scheduled to take place over the coming months:
Work scheduled in the ERC, St Patrick’s Campus:
- 18th April 2023 – 2nd June 2023, 9:30 – 16:30
Work scheduled in the Test Department, Richmond Road:
- 20th March – 12th May 2023, 9:00 – 17:00
The usual schedule is Monday to Friday during packing periods and is susceptible to change. Some weekend work may be available in the Test Department depending on the volume of orders received. These time frames are indicative only and may be reduced or extended as required, depending on work volumes.
Salary: €14.00 per hour.
• delivering excellent levels of customer service at all times
• restocking shelves
• accepting incoming orders
• processing and packing orders
• processing and packing school materials for research projects
• counting inventory
• ensuring orders and materials are shipped in a timely manner
• answering school enquiries by phone and by email
• other responsibilities as necessary
• ability to work on own initiative
• excellent customer service skills
• organised with the ability to prioritise and manage time efficiently
• excellent communication skills
• attention to detail producing accurate output
• hardworking, self-motivated individual
• experience of using computers would be a distinct advantage
• willing to work overtime and outside office hours.
• full proficiency in English
• permit to work in Ireland essential
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com. Please use ‘ERC Casual work’ in the email subject line. The cover letter should outline how applicants meet the requirements of the role and confirm availability for the required dates.
Applicants will be selected based on the information they submit to the ERC. The ERC may telephone applicants in advance of finalising its selection to clarify points in their applications. Prior to commencing the work, applicants will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement to help ensure test and data security. Training will be provided.
For any questions on the processing or storage your data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.