The results of the TIMSS 2015 assessment were published on November 29th, 2016. The initial Irish national report (Clerkin, Perkins & Cunningham, 2016), focusing on the mathematics and science achievement of Fourth Class pupils and Second Year students, can be downloaded here.
Further contextual reporting is ongoing, drawing on the detailed questionnaires completed by students, teachers, principals and parents, along with system-level information and international comparisons.
The first three contextual reports are now available for download:
- Shaping Schools: What TIMSS tells us about educations systems (Eemer Eivers & Emma Chubb, 2017)
- Inside the primary classroom: What happens in Fourth Class? (Aidan Clerkin, Rachel Perkins & Emma Chubb, 2017)
- Click here to view additional tables related to the Inside the primary classroom report (E-appendix)
- Inside the post-primary classroom: Mathematics and science teaching in Second Year (Aidan Clerkin, Rachel Perkins & Emma Chubb, 2018)
- Click here to view additional tables related to the Inside the post-primary classroom report (E-appendix)
For the Irish national reports on the previous (2011) cycle of TIMSS, please click here.
The PIRLS and TIMSS International Study Center website can be accessed at http://timssandpirls.bc.edu. The TIMSS international reports and encyclopaedia chapters, along with data, can be downloaded from this site.