Conference and Workshop Event
The Educational Research Centre (Dublin, Ireland) and Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ, USA) collaborated to support the growing interest in log-file and process data from international large-scale assessments. A conference and workshop took place on the 16th and 17th May, 2019 at the Riu Plaza Gresham Hotel in Dublin, Ireland.
List of conference speakers and available presentations:
- Irwin Kirsch, ETS
- Stephen Provasnik Keynote
- Kentaro Yamamoto
- Frank Goldhammer
- Qiwei He
- Samuel Greiff
- Reinaldo Dos Santos
- Loris Vergolini
- Ladislao Salmeron
- Damian Murchan, Trinity College Dublin
- Luis Saldivia, ETS
- Stephen Provasnik Closing Remarks
- Summary of discussions from the moderated interactive session (will be available soon).
A special issue of a journal with papers from the conference presenters is planned. More information on this special issue will be available soon on this webpage.
Conference Event – 16th and 17th May (1.5 days)
This international conference event aimed to:
- Showcase recent and current work in this area that takes a variety of methodological and theoretical approaches
- Promote a shared understanding of log-file and process data in PISA and other large-scale assessments
- Consider ethical issues relating to this kind of data
- Establish priorities to guide future directions for research using log-file data.
Conference programme is available here.
Workshop Event – 17th May (afternoon only)
Immediately following the conference, a half-day workshop combining demo and hands-on activities was offered. The workshop was facilitated by Qiwei He, ETS, and Eugenio Gonzalez, ETS.
The workshop used a synthetic database constructed by ETS using Field Trial data from PISA 2015, and provided an overview of the data structure, and then explored some key manipulations using R Studio.
If you have any queries or questions related to this event, please contact the team at email@example.com