Skip to content
- Clerkin, A. (2017). Using international assessments to inform education policy in Ireland. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference of the UNESCO Regional Center for Educational Planning. Dubai: Regional Center for Educational Planning. [Link to PDF]
- Clerkin, A. (2017). Can schools facilitate positive psychosocial development in adolescence? Assessing Ireland’s “Transition Year” programme. European Association for Research on Adolescence (summer newsletter).
- Eivers, E. (2017). Joining the DOTS for student assessment. ETBI, Summer 2017, 14-17.
- Eivers, E. & Gilleece, L. (2017). PIRLS 2016. Reading achievement of Fourth Class pupils. Leadership+ 102, p.28.
- Clerkin, A., Perkins, R. & Chubb, E. (2017). Inside the primary classroom: What happens in Fourth Class? Dublin: Educational Research Centre. DOWNLOAD
- Eivers, E. (2017). Ireland. In Mullis, I. V. S., Martin, M. O., Goh, S., & Prendergast, C. (Eds.). (2017). PIRLS 2016 Encyclopedia: Education Policy and Curriculum in Reading.
- Eivers, E. & Chubb, E. (2017). Shaping schools: What TIMSS tells us about education systems. ERC Research Series (1). Dublin, Educational Research Centre DOWNLOAD
- Eivers, E. Gilleece, L. & Delaney, E. (2017). Reading achievement in PIRLS 2016: Initial report for Ireland. Dublin, Educational Research Centre DOWNLOAD
- Kavanagh, L., Weir, S., & Moran, E. (2017). The evaluation of DEIS: Monitoring achievement and attitudes among urban primary school pupils from 2007 to 2016. Report to the Department of Education and Skills. Dublin: Educational Research Centre. DOWNLOAD
- Kelleher, C., & Weir, S. (2017). The impact of DEIS on class size in urban primary schools in 2014/15 with comparative data from 2010. Report to the Department of Education and Skills. Dublin: Educational Research Centre. DOWNLOAD
- Murchan, D., & Shiel, G. (2017). Understanding and applying assessment in education. London: Sage. https://us.sagepub.com/en-us/nam/understanding-and-applying-assessment-in-education/book244953
- O’Reilly, M., Dooley, T., Oldham, E., & Shiel, G. (2017). Mathematics education in Ireland. In G. Kaiser (Ed.), Proceedings of the 13th international congress on mathematical education (ICME-13). Cham, Switzerland: Springer DOWNLOAD
- Shiel, G. (2017). Can the outcomes of PISA 2015 contribute to evidence-based decision making in mathematics education? In T. Dooley, & g. Gueudet, (Eds.). Proceedings of the Tenth Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (CERME10, February 1-5, 2017) (pp. 68-77). Dublin: DCU Institute of Education and European Society for Research in Mathematics Education. Access at: http://www.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de/~prediger/ERME/CERME10_Proceedings_2017.pdf
- Shiel, G., & Kelleher, C. (2017). An evaluation of the impact of Project Maths on the performance of students in junior cycle mathematics. Dublin: Educational Research Centre (on behalf of the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment). DOWNLOAD
- Weir, S., Kavanagh, L., Kelleher, C. & Moran, E. (2017). Addressing educational disadvantage. A review of evidence from the international literature and of strategy in Ireland: An update since 2005. Dublin: Educational Research Centre. DOWNLOAD