Skip to content
- Cosgrove, J. (2004). Procedure used to adjust for non-response in the OECD’s Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA 2000) and implications for the interpretation of student achievement outcomes in Ireland. In M. Murphy, & L. McHugh (Eds.), NUI Maynooth: Postgraduate Research Record: Proceedings of the Colloquium 2004. Maynooth: NUI Maynooth. Pp. 55-59.
- Cosgrove, J., Shiel, G., Oldham, E., & Sofroniou, N. (2004). A survey of mathematics teachers in Ireland. Irish Journal of Education, 35, 20-44.
- James, D.J., Lawlor, M., & Sofroniou, N. (2004). Persistence of psychological problems: A one year follow-up study. Irish Journal of Psychological Medicine, 21, 11-17.
- Kellaghan, T. (2004). Preparing teachers for the 21st century. Report of the Working Group on Primary Education. In A. Burke (Ed.), Teacher education in the Republic of Ireland. Armagh: SCoTENS, The Centre for Cross-Border Studies. Pp.19-28.
- Sofroniou, N. (2004-2005). Discussion of the paper ‘Measurement of UK government output and productivity for the national accounts’ by A. B. Atkinson. Journal of the Statistical and Social Inquiry Society of Ireland, 34, 160.
- Sofroniou, N. (2004). A model of reading literacy. In E. Eivers, G. Shiel, & F. Shortt (Eds.), Reading literacy in disadvantaged primary schools. Dublin: Educational Research Centre. Pp. 145-157.
- Sofroniou, N. (2004). Review of large-scale assessment programs for all students: Validity, technical adequacy, and implementation (G. Tindall & T.H. Haladyna, Eds.). Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), 167, 379.
- Sofroniou, N., Archer, P., & Weir, S. (2004). An analysis of the association between socioeconomic context, gender, and achievement. Irish Journal of Education, 35, 58-72.
- Sofroniou, N., & Kellaghan, T. (2004). The utility of TIMSS scales in predicting students’ subsequent state examination performance. Journal of Educational Measurement, 41, 311-329.
- Close, S., Oldham, E., Shiel, G., Dooley, T., Hackett, D., & O’Leary, M. (2004). The effects of calculator use on mathematics in schools and in the certificate examinations: Final report on phase I. Dublin: St Patrick’s College, Trinity College, Educational Research Centre.
- Eivers, E., Shiel, G., & Shortt, F. (2004). Reading literacy in disadvantaged primary schools. Dublin: Educational Research Centre.
- Kellaghan, T., & Greaney, V. (2004). Assessing student learning in Africa. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- Kellaghan, T., McGee, P., Millar, D., & Perkins, R. (2004). Views of the Irish public on education: 2004 survey. Dublin: Educational Research Centre.
- Ó Siaghail, G., & Deiseach, C. (2004). Próifílí measúnachta don Ghaeilge sna scoileanna Gaeltachta agus scoileanna lán-Ghaeilge. Lámhleabhar. Baile Átha Cliath: Foras Taighde ar Oideachas.
- Weir, S. (2004). Analysis of school attendance data at primary and post-primary levels for 2003/2004. Report to the National Educational Welfare Board. Dublin: Educational Research Centre.
- Weir, S. (2004). A commentary on the implementation of Giving Children an Even Break. Report to the Educational Disadvantage Committee. Dublin: Educational Research Centre
- Educational Research Centre. (2004). Drumcondra Primary Spelling Test. (Levels 1-6, Forms A and B). Dublin: Author.
- Educational Research Centre. (2004). Drumcondra Primary Spelling Test Manual. Dublin: Author.